Monday, December 5, 2011

Current Joy

I'm having writer's block. Not because I have nothing to say, I've got plenty to tell. This may be not a piece of good writing with one giant idea in it. But, I'm trying, as hard as I can, to get you understood how much I'm overwhelmed by thankfulness.

It may be good to start from questioning the price of curiosity. As far as I know, it's never been this expensive. I was grown up in a telenovela and sinetron era. I was "forced" to watch telenovela at noon and to witness Paramitha Rusadi crying her heart out in a play at night. Never knew the reason, but I often  acted as if I was the actress, in a unbelievably-funny-yet-insane-way. 

The old insanity seeds curiosity and since my family often mocked me for that, I had always wanted to act in a play. Luckily, I got the chance in my second year on campus. I didn't know how to call this, but for approximately 6 months, I'd never given up on trying the best I could to learn a whole new world, something I'd never completely done before. The worst was I almost sold my soul to desperation. However, when it's time for the curtain to fall, I've never felt, so free...so contented.

I'm not saying that I was doing perfect on my previous 3rd December, I was enjoying myself. Maybe how it's supposed to go with anything in life. We cry as hard as possible and be happy as much as probable. It doesn't matter on the applause, on people's comments, and any other forms of acknowledgement. In the end, we should realize that all hard work and tears are needed only to achieve one thing, to make ourselves complete.

So, if I summed up, it would be like... "I didn't want to miss the chance to reveal the answer of my curiosity, so I signed up and got accepted, and then.... you know how much I sacrificed? So much that I couldn't help but letting my heart beats faster each time I remember that it's all worth it."

Thank you, A Midsummer Night's Dream. :)

Courtesy by Elvia Sumayastra

No comments:

Post a Comment